Many thanks to @StuartH for hosting the Bingo last year. I did not participate myself, but I look forward to doing so this year. He has graciously allowed me to take over hosting of the Bingo for this year. Below is the set-up for the Bingo, which I not-so-slyly copied and pasted from Stuart’s initial post.
The goal of this bingo is to send a postcard to / receive a postcard from 51/51 states/districts (50 states + District of Columbia, the capital) of the United States of America during the year 2021.
You can get a Bingo by either sending or receiving cards to or from 20/35/51 States/Districts during 2021, so in this Bingo there will be up to 6 prizes (3 for sent and 3 for received).
- Only officially sent and received cards are counted for the bingo and there are separate lists for them.
- If you have several accounts, you may play on all of them separately, but not combined.
- Update your lists regularly by editing your first post and please, include the updating date and postcard link. Posts without links won’t be included in the rankings. Please, don’t post your lists several times, because I will only count your first post.
- Even if there are no changes in your lists, update the date from time to time so that I know you still participate in the game.
- Every time when someone gets a BINGO!, all the other participants will send her/him a postcard as a prize.
- Only cards sent on or after Jan 1st 2021 and received on or before Dec 31st 2021 will count for this bingo.
Making a link:
Will look like this: Illinois
(Just sub out the name of the state and the postcard link.)
(Because if a sender/receiver quits postcrossing, their page disappears, but the postcard page will still exist.)
To get the url: go to your page with sent/received cards. Move your cursor to the ID, right-click and select “copy-url”.
HINT: To find out where the sender/receiver lives, hover the mouse over the country name and the name of the town/village and the state will appear.
States/Districts of the US
District of Columbia
I know there is already a States of the USA Bingo; this is like a speed dating version of it as you only have 365 days to complete. If you have any questions about this bingo please don’t hesitate to ask here or by DM.
Enjoy, and good luck!