Are there any teenagers here?

I do like how this website can bring people from different generations together but it would be nice to see more people from my age group on this site.

Also, I do not know anyone in real life that does Postcrossing so that can also be lonely.

1 Like

I donā€™t know anybody in real life that does PC either or who has even heard of it (other than the people I met at the meet-up). Itā€™s not a hugely popular hobby but thatā€™s fine. Iā€™m not sure that has to do with age.

1 Like

There may be more teenagers on the site during the school year also. Because there are lots of whole classrooms which sign up to do Postcrossing, but usually it goes through the teachersā€™ school address, which probably stops in the late Spring and picks up again in the fall.

Hang in there, @logisticsenthusiast and you will find more! But maybe you might like to start a thread for teenagers to hang out in and chat with each other - or maybe a Tag or Round Robin for teens - that might give you more of a sense of a community of teens.

In any case, welcome to Postcrossing! Weā€™re all glad youā€™re here. :blush:

6 Likes

welcome to postcrossing! a lot has been said already but if youā€™re specifically looking for a teenager friend you can always have a look at the penpal section (or make a post yourself). iā€™ve definitely seen quite a few teenagers over there.

i donā€™t know anyone in real life that does postcrossing either but it doesnā€™t feel lonely. itā€™s my hobby. and iā€™ve met some wonderful people via this forum. you can talk about anything on this forum and there are always people you can send cards to.

donā€™t let age limit you too much though. when i receive a card from someone i often donā€™t have a clue how old they are. they just talk about things they like or things they have done or the country they live in. itā€™s the wonderful thing about postcrossing. everyone is different and weā€™re learning from it.

4 Likes

I first heard from Postcrossing when I was twelve. Unfortunately I was too young to set up my own account. When I was 13 I totally forgot about setting up my own account and Postcrossing in general.
I re-thought about it, when I was 21.
Knowing that Iā€™m not a teen in the common way anymore, Iā€™m still feeling like one.
Being diagnozed with a mental retardation of about 10 years, Iā€™m sometimes feeling like a, oh well, 11- or 12-year old (and also acting like one).
So true friends are more than rare. Tbh I donā€™t have any.
After getting the diagnose I had been sent to a school where only deaf kids had been taught. I always had been normal hearing. Got bullied like hell, no one cared.
It got better, when Iā€™d the chance to leave school at the age of 14, but didnā€™t find any friends afterwards. I was simply too shy.
Iā€™m taking a lot of pills for several years now, because of my depression, social phobia and mental retardation. They are doing itā€™s best for a hopefully quick recovery. But tbh I nearly felt like having a burn out.

Best,
Andreas

6 Likes

I hope you will keep sending cards and reaching out to share the hobby with other people your age. Maybe you can present something at a school function or ask to put up a display at your library or post office. If you are on social media, like most every teenager, maybe you could start posting your sent & received cards with explanations that would draw the attention of other teens.

I LOVE writing teens and telling them about my area as I hope they will keep the tradition of paper mail going far into the future! My 7 year old granddaughter loves to write cards! When she is at my house and I pull a name, she now writes a 2nd card to send to that person. She is so excited when they are received and mention her card. I have been buying her cards and keeping them for her future Postcrossing account when she is old enough. :blush:

I am not a teen but would be happy to talk to you any time you want ideas of how to engage more people your age!

I hope you make some good friends thru this wonderful hobby just like I have!
Debbie

2 Likes

Hello!
Iā€™m 14 years old (almost 15) and I have met teenagers on Postcrossing, though not many!

5 Likes

Hello,
I am almost 30, but in my mind I am still a teenager :see_no_evil::rofl::heart:
Enjoy Postcrossing :gift:

6 Likes

I donā€™t know your standard for teenagers. What age is it? But many cross-border people in China are mostly students. Middle school students and College Students

13-19 year olds are generally considered to be teenagers.

4 Likes

My son @Mappo took part here when He was five years old. He also wanted to have postcards of his own. I wrote short sentences with just a few words on a paper and he wrote them letter by letter.

The years went by and I put his account to inactive for several years. Now heā€™s only active for WPD and in December for ā€œCards for Literacyā€.

Heā€™s much more into Playstation and YouTube and also spends a lot of time for school (8 h on week days and having a lot of projects and presentations, so I totally understand that he doesnā€™t want to write a lot outside from school).

1 Like

i will be 13 On July 14thšŸ˜œ we are the same age so i think we can be friends

4 Likes

i am 12 now and there are many teenagers who use PC in China

3 Likes

I started postcrossing when I was around 15 (though I started using the official Postcrossing website when I was 19), now Iā€™m 22 :smile:

1 Like

Hey! Iā€™m only 14 :dotted_line_face:Itā€™s fun to deal with adults
:joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™m almost 12

4 Likes

a teenagerā€™s herešŸ™‹šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø iā€™m 17now, i started to send and receive postcards when i was 16. iā€™ve heard about postcrossing from my best friend, who is apparently a teenager, too. iā€™ve already sent cards to very young people (11, 14, 8), sooā€¦ yes, there are teenagers here:) though there is not so many of them

2 Likes

I started in 2020 when I was 16 years old and I just graduated from junior high school. Now I not only send postcards on Postcrossing but also I send postcards to my friends. They are always surprised to receive my cards! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a teenager. My older brother told me about postcrossing a long time ago, but I started to get into it seriously only recently. I noticed that there are not many teenagers here, probably because few teenagers are interested in such things. But personally, I really like postcrossing, it cheers me up.

3 Likes

I am 17 and started when I was 16! :slight_smile: hang in there haha

Also we were born in the same month

1 Like