Any Leonard Cohen fans? working on a postcard to honor this amazing man

WOW! That is so cool! I think it’s safe to say we all love his music it touches something deep within our soul.

2 Likes

I’m proof! I’ve just ordered them and they will be sent to Belgium. No extra charge. Thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

I love his music no matter what mood I am in I find his music so comforting!

1 Like

Just ordered my stamps Thank you so much this made my day! I love my Postcrossing Family!

3 Likes

Canada Post has also put these stamps on some mailboxes.

And Montreal has a building with a Leonard Cohen mural.

5 Likes

That is really cool! Thank you for sharing that
Charlie

So happy to see all the Leonard Cohen love! What beautiful music from a beautiful man. His 2009 concert at the Beacon NYC is still available online at NPR if anyone is interested. It was transcendent.
https://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs/2009/02/26/101034642/listen-to-leonard-cohen-perform-live-at-new-yorks-beacon-theatre-in-2009
I’d love a postcard, will PM you.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that link! I think his music touched many souls!

1 Like

I just listened to this and it was so great, thanks for sharing this!
Peace Charlie

Hi Kerstin,
I am sending you one of my latest postcard designs my goal is to send you every one of my postcards made if you have any requests let me know. I think you will like it. Have a great day. I mailed out the Leonard Cohen postcard the day you responded on the forum so keep an eye out.
Peace Charlie

1 Like

You are the best! :wink:

1 Like

Hi Kay!
Got your postcard today, Thank you very much.
Have a great day.
Charlie

Guess what arrived today from the Canadian Post Office! Thanks again, Lynn.

3 Likes

Charlie, I’m glad it got there! :slight_smile: Yours came really quickly, but I wasn’t tech savvy enough to find my way back to the forum or messages to say thank you :sweat: it’s an awesome Leonard Cohen card!

Lol, No worries I hear ya I am still trying to figure out most of my social media too!

Those look great! :+1:

Short not very interesting anecdote :slight_smile:
I was at a concert sometime in the 80’s, probably when he was touring after releasing I’m your Man. There was a slightly awkward moment when he asked for requests and a woman shouted ‘Marianne’. But she pronounced the name with the ‘E’ (and a little drunkenly, I think), and he just couldn’t hear what she said, even after asking her to repeat it, then moved on.

Anyway - so many good songs. A favourite is the Partisan.

Thanks for sharing that story! If you would for me to send you a Leonard Cohen postcard PM me your address and I will gladly send you one.
Peace Charlie

1 Like

My next 10 or so post cards will be going out with the Leonard Cohen stamps! Hopefully some of them will know who he is, also will save some for my USA PCs.
I actually love those stamps so I bought a couple of packs.

2 Likes

In the past,I’ve sent this Leonard Cohen card (photo by Robin Barton) to at least one Postcrosser. I believe I also stuck a Janis Joplin postage stamp on the card, as she, apparently, was the inspiration behind Chelsea Hotel.

1 Like

Hi Cory
I soon as a Postcrosser from Canada told me about the Leonard Cohen stamps I ordered mine they are so nicely done. If you would like I can mail you a My Leonard Cohen postcard since you are a big fan!
Just send me your address and I will mail it out today.
Cheers Charlie