An University student in USA looking for someone who speak Japanese for help

hello everyone. This is Lily. I am a university student in USA. I am a great fans of Hayao Miyazaki and his studio. I wanna write to them if possible. Here I have a postcard about THE WIND RISES(风立ちぬ). This is one of my favorite anime. what I wanna do is send this postcard to their studio and asking for someone in their studio to send the postcard back to me. but here I need you guys’ help. would you guys mind to help me to translate the letter to Japanese?Thanks a lot and happy new year.

Dear anyone in Studio Ghibli;
This is Lily. I am a university student in USA. I am a big fans of many of your film and television works. I’ve watched many of your anime and THE WIND RISE is one of my favorite.I don’t speak any Japanese so I asked someone else to help me to translate this letter into Japanese. Sorry if my handwriting is bad or strange. Would you mind to help me to send this postcard back to me? You are free to write anything that you want on the postcard. But would you please do not use envelope when send this postcard back to me? Here in this letter I also include a small envelope which contains some gifts for you. You can use the International Reply Coupon and you may use it to send the postcard back to me. Thank you so much and happy new year.

Here is my address:
xxx

Your sincerely
Lily
2022 December 25

Since I am not allowed to post my address in forum, would you please keep it as xxx when translate the letter into Japanese? And I am not familiar with Japanese culture and if my letter sounds strange or too sharp/impolite to Japanese, would you mind to help me to modify my letter. Thank you so much and happy new year

Hello Lily!
I added and changed some sentences to make it easier to convey. If you need a detailed explanation of the translation, please ask again.

—————————————-

親愛なるスタジオジブリの皆様

あけましておめでとうございます。
私はアメリカの大学生のLilyです。私はみなさんの映画やテレビ作品の大ファンです。 みなさんの作品をたくさん観てきましたが、風立ちぬは私のお気に入りの 1 つです。

私は日本語を話せないので、この手紙を日本語に訳すのを他の方に頼みました。もし私の字が読みにくかったり変だったらごめんなさい。

この風立ちぬのハガキに何か書いて、私に返送していただけないでしょうか?何でも自由に書いていただいて構いません。
しかし返送する際には、封筒に入れずハガキに切手を貼って送っていただきたいです。
この手紙の中には、みなさんへの贈り物が入った小さな封筒も入っています。その中の国際返信クーポンを使って、ハガキを送り返すことができます。

私の住所はこちらです。
xxx

読んでいただきありがとうございます。
どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

2022年12月25日 Lily

—————————————-

By the way, “お見舞い” means like a gift to a sick person. I don’t use it for regular gifts :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

日本のみなさま、修正・追加大歓迎です🙇‍♀️

(To Japanese members,
Additions and corrections are welcome.)

thank you