All About "Repeated Countries" Option

I was curious, so I checked my stats today. I think I switched the “repeated countries” on in March 2020. Since then 90,4% of my sent cards have gone to DE, US and RU and 54% of my received have come from those countries.

I also checked the stats Feb 2019 - Feb 2020 for comparison. 40,7% of my sent cards came from the top countries (and 47,2% of my received cards. The mail suspensions must have affected the difference in received a bit, as having “repeated countries” on has no effect on the received cards). But what was interesting, the percentage of cards sent to Russia is practically the same: 10,6% before switching the option on, 10,7% after.

Sending cards mainly to top countries is fine with me, so I will continue having the repeated countries option on. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Cause I’m very new to this community I have not check mark this box for now. But reading all this response I do think after a while I will definitely do :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I do not have repeated countries on. I have a question for others who do not have the option selected. How many of your slots are currently going to DE, US, or RU?

For me, I have 14 cards travelling. 10 of them are going to DE, US, or RU. That’s over 70%. Do the rest of you have similar percentages? Like @whitefroststreetboi said, there doesn’t seem to be much difference right now if one has the box ticked or not, as most of them are repeating for me anyway.

7 Likes

Out of 23 travelling cards 3 go to Russia and 5 to the US. None is going to Germany because I don’t interact with my own country.

2 Likes

Today I had drawn 13 addresses (with repeated countries):
9x Germany
3x Russia
and to my suprise one card go to Czechia.

2 Likes

i have 14 cards traveling. 11 to russia and 3 to germany.
actually haven’t got usa at all this month, last time was in december, but only two times.

2 Likes

But you have repeated countries on, yes?

43 traveling, repeated countries off, 4 Germany, 6 Russia, 6 USA. So 16 out of 43 or 37%. :slight_smile:

That’s a big difference in our percentages!

1 Like

oh oops i see now i’ve read your question wrong. i’ll just leave again :sweat_smile:

though it does show that it matters if you have the option on because you’re sending to more different countries than i am right now.

I have similar percentages - 9 of 12 travelling to USA, Russia and Germany, it’s 75%. Repeated countries off :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Axolotl_ Do you draw your addresses in batches, or just one or two at a time?

In November I sent postcards with the Repeated Countries option on. I got a lot of addresses from Germany, US and also Russia.
Unfortunately this resulted in a LOT of expired postcards, especially to Russia but also quite a few to the US. So I don’t use that option anymore.

1 Like

I guess you’d call it batches then, usually 3 at a time, sometimes more or less. :slight_smile:

Repeated countries off. Newbie, 6 traveling cards. 1 USA, 1 Russia, 1 Germany. And China…

1 Like

I currently have 23 travelling, with 52% going to DE/US/RU
(unchecked) repeated countries
(checked) send to own country

I don’t have a particular sending pattern, sometimes I draw only one address at a time, other days I will wait for 3 or 6 empty slots before writing them all on the same day.

I currently have 21 travelling, with 10 = <50% going to DE/US/RU. But AT couldn’t send to RU until recently.
(unchecked) repeated countries
(checked) send to own country

I will go back to repeated in five cards, guess it will change then, which is okay.

7 non-expired cards, repeated countries off: one Germany, one USA, one Russia.

10 expired cards: 3 Russia, 3 USA, 1 Germany. I had repeated countries on when I got some of those (I think all 3 USA and 2 of the Russians).

I had repeated countries on for at least half the time until last July or so. It’s been off all these months and I think I should really put it back on, but I got so much more variety recently, and I dread the USA being still problematic…

I’ve had repeated countries on since the beginning of December. Eight are travelling to Germany, five to Russia, and one each to Brazil and the Philippines.

Of my expired cards, two are to Czechia and one to the Netherlands, all to teenage girls who seem to have lost interest before they’d even started (two of them have never registered any postcards). Also expired to Russia, Belarus, Austria and Germany.

I draw new addresses as soon after a ‘Hurray’ message arrives as I can. Because of illness, it’s just not possible to write a whole load of postcards at a time.

3 Likes

Although I have repeated countries unchecked, 50 % of my sent cards in January were to Germany and 57 % of my received were from Germany. I want cards from as many different countries as possible, but that has ceased totally for me, I just get more and more from Germany and also USA.
I did a research of the number of members through 22 days until today:

Germany increased with 425 members
Russia + 19
USA + 186
Netherlands +120
Finland +221
Taiwan decreased the number of members with 205
China -198
Belarus - 29

Sweden unchanged.

Will the post crossing be only a German affair in the future…?

3 Likes