Advice for a newbie whose postcards aren't arriving?

I also joined in November and things seem to go nicely both sending and receiving post cards. Now, my maximum of six are traveling and I can’t send out any new ones. Every day I check and it’s the same. Truly they haven’t been outstanding that long all things considered (29 days to Russia) and 6 days to the opposite coast but I understand being anxiously looking forward to sending. I have signed up with one of the February surprise exchanges but also have found that as a newbie I think we’re again limited to signing up for 2 such things at a time. If you are a member of Goodreads they also have post card swaps which I’m going to try as well. I understand being patient. It’s just super discouraging.

I have 3 postcards that have been traveling for a month now. To Russia, Belarus and China.
While waiting, I participated in Round Robins on this forum. I send 5 postcards to random members and they also send a postcard for me, it’s fun :blush:

3 Likes

I want to trouble you with a question.
Recently I just sent a postcard from China to Canada,
Don’t you know that Canada’s postal system is fully restored now?
Thanks! :laughing:

1 Like

Hi Shirley, Happy to answer questions about Canada’s postal system as much as I know.

Our postal system is still under a lot of strain in terms handling very large volumes of mail and having COVID19 outbreaks at some postal plants.

COVID19 precautions that need to be taken also slow things down as well and many, many air flights have been reduced or cancelled that our mail travels on.

Canada Post sends to all countries, except 29 right now, but things take time. Most postcards I send to China in the last few months take 4 to 6 weeks.

1 Like

Postcards will be strictly disinfected, right? :grin:

No mail is not disinfected by the post office, but if you’re concerned you could leave the mail out in a container for 2 or 3 days before you handle it.

By & large, fomite transmission, which in the case of mail would be getting the COVID virus by touching surfaces like cardboard or paper mail, is not considered a big risk these days.

I always wash my hands after handling packages or items of mail and refrain from touching my face until I’ve washed my hands.

Your local public health authority or hospital will have guidelines for you on this Shirley that you will likely be able to find online to read.

1 Like