🖼️ About Postcard Wall Images: Are these allowed✅ or not❌?

This type of images is not explicitly excluded in the rules. And as long as no other rules are violated (e.g. by publishing sensitive data), I don’t think there is anything against it.

Personally, I have seen some wonderful images of this kind on Postcrossing.

However, you have to expect that the receipient maybe delete those images and upload their own.

4 Likes

I like it, I’d love to see such image on my received postcard. If a person doesn’t like them, they can always remove or replace it, no harm done.

1 Like

Actually, I find it a great idea, it would be awesome to create a topic on the forum about it!

Wow!

Thank you, everyone, for your opinion and knowledge of the TOS. :grinning:

So I guess I will use these types of images whenever possible.

After I posted this thread, I visited the Palace of Mafra with the family.

Needless to say, I bought some postcards at the palace and took a picture of them with their specific depiction.

I’ll share them with you:

I’ll send two of these tomorrow from the Post Office next to the palace.

I hope you and the postcard recipients like the pictures.

25 Likes

Here’s an existing related thread: Your postcard in reality

:blush:

10 Likes

Wow! I really love the Mafra photo with the matching postcard.
I know maxi-cards, now we see a maxi-picture. :smiley: Good idea!

3 Likes

You may have coined a term: Maxipic:exclamation: :wink:

4 Likes

Do what you want. Your card, your postage.

1 Like

Your unique way of photographing your postcard images is certainly permissible, and in fact a somewhat similar postcard wall has even been featured on the Postcrossing blog. I’d say by all means go for it.

As for uploading a small gallery for one card, that’s not possible, but you can create a simple collage of a few different views of one card and upload it as one image. I once sent two “official” cards to a Postcrosser (who has become a friend), who asked for old and new views of the same place, and I uploaded both cards as one image.

5 Likes

How cool of Sean to do that with the cards. It’s the ultimate way to honor the postcard and the sender.

Great idea! Why didn’t I think of that?

I could upload something like this:

Hmmmm… or maybe just the “Maxipic” would look better:

What do you think?

6 Likes

I think it would be really awesome if someone did this.

1 Like

Very nice, thank you for the link!

I think only the maxipic is better because the uploaded images in the gallery are quite small. It would be difficult to see what is in the picture. I absolutely love the idea btw and your execution is amazing!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :smiley:

The photographer Kenneth Josephson is well-known for such images.

10 Likes

I used to do things like that when I sent postcards with vintage images. I think it will be interesting for the recipient to receive a postcard, which depicts a corner of my city, as it was a hundred years ago. When he registers the card, he will see how this place looks now.

18 Likes

I do that when send to myself, didn’t try here yet. But I do like this way to record too :blush:

12 Likes

@rachelwang0118, @Ruten @Idler, and everyone who wants to showcase their “Maxipics” (or however you want to call them).

I started a new thread for people to showcase their maxiphotos here:

Show Your Maxipics (Maximum Pictures)

Feel free to participate! :smiley:

2 Likes

I sometimes favourite pictures (the maxipics) on official site not because I like the postcard itself, but the photo and the effort of presenting. It feels as creating more connection between postal carton and real place

I always thought, it’d be fun if someone self printed such photo as a postcard (with postcard depicted on it!) and then send it, making and uploading the photo of the new iteration of the postcard… and then maybe more and more recursion

3 Likes

I thought of that too. And making a personalized stamp of it, stick it on the image side, thus creating a Maxicard. What would that be called? A Super-Hyper Maximum Card Picture?
Kinda those infinite reflections when you have two mirrors facing each other…
It’s too much, my mind got lost with all the image iterations lol

4 Likes