7 October 2023 - Tampa meet-up

Just found this! Would love to attend, but I have an event on Sunday across the state that I can’t miss. Please let us know if they plan to hold another event in 2024. I’d also be willing to sign the cards ahead of time and mail them back to you. I’m in St. Augustine, FL

Yes, I will be selling vintage and Chinese cards and meet-up cards are free.

1 Like

I plan on being there though I am new and know nothing about this. I don’t know what to expect nor what’s expected of me. Please explain more in details from A - Z. I don’t want to show up not knowing. The more information I can get the better and happy I will be. This sounds like fun!

1 Like

I’m definitely planning to attend!

So I will have a table for us to sit at.
There will be 250 cards. So once everyone gets there at noon(ish), everyone will be seated.
They will each have a stack of cards to sign and they will go around in a circle until they’re all signed. It’s gonna take at least a half hr. But the meet-up is an hr.
So it’s 12-1:00 in time
It is at a nice Hilton hotel in a room on the bottom floor.
The postcards will be free.
Others with interesting cards will be there. If you bring anything, bring some money ($20 at least) and colored pens.
The pens will mean we have more than black or blue signatures.
There will be people selling cards for cheap (like me) or sort of expensive $1-$5 per postcard. Other people will be selling coins.
Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, let me know:

1 Like

I think I’ll make it, I look forward to meeting other Postcrossers.

1 Like

And the room we’ll be in is big at a Hilton hotel. Having it at noon is to make it easier to get to the meet-up because often people are coming from Orlando and I-4 is crowded.

1 Like

I was a little confused because it says it starts at 10 but the meetup starts at noon.

Then I realized the postcard club sale starts at 10 and ends at 6. The postcrossing meetup takes place during the sale from noon till 1. Right?

I’m still confused as to what happens to the 250 cards we all have to sign?

That is exactly correct. The meet-up is at noon.
But the Sunshine postcard club begins at 10:00.
It goes til 6. It takes an hr for everyone to sign it.
But I know many will be driving from the Orlando area, and I-4 is a chore, so it’s at noon.
Once the cards are signed, we evenly divide the meet-up cards.

2 Likes

Hi, Candis and all,

I’ll be there on Saturday and a friend gave me a HUGE BUNCH of postcards that I’ll bring along — they will be free to take as you wish. So everyone should end up with a lot of cards that day!

See you on Saturday!
Thanks,
-Jayne (Sedgewick)

2 Likes

Coming from Orlando :yellow_heart:

1 Like

See everyone soon! I have my daughters with me, eager to draw some postcards. :slight_smile: We’re coming with a lot of pens and blank postcards, as well as our meager little collection. Looking forward to meeting everyone. :slight_smile: -Deb.

1 Like

Sorry I missed this! I hope there will be another in Jan 2024. I’m in Bradenton :wave::wave: