7 August 2021 - Mid-Atlantic Postcrossers Havre de Grace, Chesapeake Postcard Fair Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Maryland, USA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Havre de Grace Community Center: 100 Lagaret Ln, Havre De Grace, MD 21078
:calendar: DATE: 07 August 2021
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1100 - 1500 Eastern Daylight Time (-4 UTC)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Our first face-to-face meetup in a long time! This meetup will occur at the Summer Chesapeake Postcard Fair. The postcard fair runs from 0900-1600 and features over 500, 000 vintage and antique postcards for sale. More details on that can be found here:

Summer Chesapeake Postcard Fair

Note that there is a $3.00 admission to enter the venue. This fee is associated with the show, not this Posctrossing event.

There will be a postcard developed specifically for this event, and a we’ll have the typical round-robin signing madness you’d expect. I’ll post photos here once the card has been designed.

Havre de Grace is a lovely little town, give yourself some extra time to explore it, you won’t be disappointed!

While the postcrossing event itself is scheduled to start at 1100, I will be there and set up at 0900, so please feel free to stop by at any time.

You can also read about this postcrossing event and our other activities here:

Mid-Atlantic Postcrossers

Look forward to seeing you there!

3 Likes

I concur. Havre de Grace is an absolutely adorable town!

@eta55, is this event solely a bunch of vintage postcard dealers, or are there other things to do/see?

The event is being held at the Havre de Grace Community center during a postcard show hosted there by Mary Martin, Inc. This location is a 5-7 minute drive from downtown. There is a lovely 3 mile walking tour of the town called the Lafayette Trail that takes you to numerous historic sites, including the Maritime Museum and the Concord Point Light House (the Keeper’s house is now a little museum there as well), as well as the Lockhouse museum. There are numerous boutiques, antique shops Bomboy’s Ice Cream (their butter pecan is the best in the region!) and Bomboy’s also has a candy shop across the street. The trails also takes you on a boardwalk along the Susquehana riverfront at the southern end of town. While the town is only about a mile and a half long, it is well maintained, clean and a lovely place to visit. We have spent a weekend there (there are a couple of very nice B&Bs) exploring this Maryland gem and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. I recommend you peruse this web site to see what you can find that interests you:

Hope to see you there!

Warmest regards -

Eric A.

The card re-design for this meetup is complete and on its way from the printer, images of front and back can be seen below:

2 Likes

May I request to be sent a postcard to Lynchburg, VA? Thanks

Karl, send me your address and I’ll get one out to you.

1 Like

Fun time had by all, we had good discussion, saw some interesting vintage postcards, and discovered that one of the dealers was a postcrosser! It was also National Lighthouse Day, which was perfect for the card developed for this event!

1 Like

Hi, can i swap? I cam offer from out meet up or my swap album

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wZor9kyaux44U1i3XgtHPUtFU-YRW-VJ