6th SouthWestern Meet-Up Oct 9, 2021

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Socorro, New Mexico, USA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Socorro Public Library, 401 Park St., Socorro, NM 87801
:calendar: DATE: October 9th, 2021
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10:00am to 3:00pm MDT
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: signing cards, games, etc.

PLEASE NOTE: ALL POSTCROSSERS PLANNING TO ATTEND MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED BEFORE THE EVENT! PLUS, DUE TO THE DELTA VARIANT, THE MEETUP COULD CHANGE THE LOCATION OR CANCELLED AT THE LAST MINUTE!!

NOTE: NEW LOCATION
Socorro Public Library Meeting room.

Max limit permitted are 10 people.

THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL PICTORIAL POSTMARK FOR THE EVENT. MORE INFORMATION LISTED BELOW ABOUT OBTAINING THE POSTMARK!!

CONFIRM POSTCROSSERS:

1. @samquito
  2. @armadillogal +1
  3. @Mrs_V
  4. LilyWard
  5. @mere5oh
  6. @jai-nice2meetu
  7. @Lilly +1
  8. @BarneyFamily
  9. @Diane567 +1
1 Like

Hello! I am interested in attending this event if possible. Thank you!

2 Likes

PICTORIAL POSTMARK INFORMATION.
If you wish to send out mail with the special pictorial postmark, gather all the items already prepared (domestic prices are 40¢ or forever “postcard” stamp for postcards and 58¢ for 1st oz. letter or a forever stamp and $1.30 for international postcards and 1st oz. letter or forever “global” stamp) and send them inside a larger size envelope. A suggestion if your planning to use multi number of stamps on one item - use a smaller size and light color stamps for the postmark to be readable. And keep the address as distant as possible from the stamp/s or the postmark will cover it and not deliverable. The postmark is only to be put on the postage stamp/s - no other place on the item.
Send your items to:

6th SW Meetup Station
Postmaster
P.O. Box 9998
Bosque, NM 87006-9998

The special pictorial postmark will be available from October 9th for 30 days (until November 9th). Any mail arriving before the October 9th will be held and sent out on that day. Anything arrives after Nov 9th will be return back to sender. FYI: size of the postmark is 1½ x 2½ inches.

10 Likes

ddwilliams is going- don’t see what blue tab you’re talking about.

1 Like

don’t worry about it. i manually click on it for you. you are listed as attending the meetup.

1 Like

Hola
At last I was able to enter. Can you add me to the list, please
Thanks

can you please DM your email address. i can add you to the meetup mailing list with past updates.

If one of the participants of your meeting would like to exchange a card with the special postmark with me, please get in touch. :slight_smile:

I would send you a card of Vienna with a special stamp and special postmark for it. :slight_smile:

I hope your meeting will take place and wish you a really good time! :smiley:

1 Like

See you then.

Hi everyone :slight_smile:
Could anyone please tell me if there’s going to be any special postcards printed for the occasion (World Postcard Day themed)? I’m really interested in swapping a card with your special postal cancellation.
Can offer a Russian WPD 2021 card with a special cancellation (“letter week”), too.

Thanks in advance! Val

Greetings from India. All the best to the Meet-Up function. Would like to have World Postcard Day themed postcard or any other postcard with special pictorial postmark.
Can offer beautiful UNESCO/Non UNESCO postcards with nice commemorative/Gandhi stamp/s.
Thank you very much.

Hi @samquito ! Thanks for the message about the cool way to commemorate the SW Meet Up from afar! Is this right: I get my postcards all ready (stamps, address, post ID, etc), and then pop them in the post and send them to the PO Box you listed. Then you go ahead and use the special postmark to cancel the stamps and you put them in the mail to their end desination?

If I’m understanding correctly, that sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for your reply!

mapswell
Minnesota
USA

Hey everyone. I’m looking for new pen pals. I’m 44 and live in Maine. Would anyone like to be my pen pal?

hello mapswell,
you are correct. i would suggest to wait until the beginning of october to send off your items wishing to have this pictorial postmark. anything arriving before october 9th will be held until that date and will be sent out. any requests after that date will be sent out a day or two after it is received (until november 9th).
have a great day and stay safe.
sam-quito

1 Like

@Robin67 @pathetiquejazz @kraghavendrabhat @ThunkShelf It sounds like you will need to send @samquito a private message with your address if you want a meet up card from this event if you haven’t already.

However, I have also made some of my own meet up cards for this event, and am willing to swap those as well. Feel free to send me a private message if interested. They are not with a World Postcard Day image, but rather, of hot air balloons, as this meet up is being held during the same time as the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. They will be signed at the meet up and will have the special postmark. (Hint, one of the cards looks very similar to my avatar.)

mere5oh, thank you very much for your fabulous card/stamps/postmark! :yellow_heart: Thank you very much for exchanging with me! :smiley:

But I got another beautiful card from your meeting with precious stamps and that special postmark. Please - whoever sent me that card - send me your address, so I can send you a nice card of Vienna with special stamps and special postmark! Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like