26 September 2021 - Melbourne World Postcard Day Meet Up

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Melbourne
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Picnic tables, 50 Lonsdale St, Melbourne
:calendar: DATE: 26 September 2021
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1-4

UPDATE 22/9/2021

This meet up is now definitively cancelled, since our restrictions have not eased enough to allow it.

UPDATE - 7/9/2021

SIGNATURES ON CARDS
It now seems almost certain we won’t be able to meet in person. The cards will still be printed, but we will print them with signatures on the reverse for every who wanted to attend. If you planned to buy cards and want your signature added, please message me with an image of your signature or stamp. Deadline 12/9/2021.

31/8/2021

I’m still trying to be optimistic and assume that we will be able to meet, but it’s unlikely that we will be able to meet inside. I’ve found an outside location with large tables and shelter, and where it is unlikely there will be too many other people around, so fingers crossed restrictions ease to the point we can meet outside.

Follow the laneway (Madame Brussels Lane) between 2 and 50 Lonsdale St to the rear of the building. The picnic tables are under shelter at the back.
Close to Parliament Station, or the 86 and 86 trams (Parliament Station stop, #10), or City Circle (LaTrobe and Victoria St stop, #9).

RSVP
Please reply below or message me if you plan to come.

RAFFLE
I think this was fun last time, so please along a couple of blank cards, and we will hold a raffle for one lucky attendee to win the bundle (if we get a lot of cards, we’ll make two prizes).

2 Likes

CARDS

Please answer this poll:

Will you still want to buy cards, even if we have to cancel the meeting?
  • Yes - meet up cards only
  • Yes - World Postcard Day cards only
  • Yes - both card types
  • No

0 voters

Estimated costs for cards is $0.60, but that will depend on how many people want.

Here are the three cards that have been designed for the meet up:

I will also print the World Postcard Day, for use at the meeting or whenever, for anyone who wants it.

Card orders

So that I can know how many to order, please click here and enter your name and the number of cards you would like. This is just so I can get an indication - if you change your mind, no problem.

1 Like

reserved post

If you want to make a card design, there’s just a few more weeks til the 1 August deadline.

As always, please get in touch if you have any questions about making cards or the meet up.

We’ll also print some of the World Postcard Day cards, from the official competition.

Hi I’m interested to come. I haven’t been to postcrossing for a long time and this will be I first time to meet up. Is there anything that I need to know before coming to the event?

Hi @hayabusa . I’ve just updated the first couple of posts with some more details, so have a look at the information there.

Meet ups are pretty casual, we just sit around talking and signing cards. We’ll print some meet up cards, which you can buy for the cost of printing (probably around 60 cents, but that may change). Usually, everyone signs all the cards, so bring a colour pen, or you can get a stamp made with your name (much easier!).

Or if you have any nice cards to show off, you can bring those along for some show and tell - anything postcard related goes.

I interested to join as usual. Fingers crossed re:lockdown/restrictions.

I am interested in coming! And if it’s cancelled I’d still be interested in both cards.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
Sorry to intrude, I’m Sara and I live in Italy. If I’m not being too forward, is it possible to get a signed postcard?

1 Like

Hi there!
I would love to join this meetup. It will be my very first meetup so very excited.
Fingers crossed.

Saori

1 Like

Hey Saori. Welcome to postcrossing and fingers crossed we will be meeting in a month.

Hey everyone - I’ve updated the location for the meeting - see the first post.

I’m banking on restrictions easing enough in the coming month that we will be able to meet outside.

These picnic tables are near my work, and are only really used Monday to Friday, so should be free on a Sunday. They are sheltered, so should be good if it is rainy or too sunny.

The cafes in the area will be closed, but there is an IGA if anyone wants to grab a snack.

If you want more detailed directions, please send me a message.

SIGNATURES ON CARDS

It now seems almost certain we won’t be able to meet in person. The cards will still be printed, but we will print them with signatures on the reverse for every who wanted to attend. If you planned to buy cards and want your signature added, please message me with an image of your signature or stamp. Deadline 12/9/2021.

Is it too late to order cards?
I would love to have attended so I can send my signature.

Edited to add - I have added my order to the spreadsheet

1 Like

Hello! :slight_smile:
Is someone of the participants interested in swapping cards with me? I would be happy to receive a message.

Cards are ordered, now we cross our fingers!

Final cost was 50 cents each.

I haven’t ordered a large number, so any other Melbourne members who would like to order cards, please get in touch to reserve cards.

I’m happy to send you a card if no one else has responded.

Hi Sara,
I can send you a card if no one else has responded to you.

Yes, thank you so much for your willingness to send me the postcard.

Hello!
I will be happy to swap cards. Is someone of the participants interested?