22nd May 2021, Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan) – ✨ First Postcrossing Meet-up in Kyrgyzstan!

I’d also love to swap, let me know if you still have them available!

1 Like

I would love to swap if any are left

1 Like

Well, the ice creams here are tasty because they’re all natural! The nature in Kyrgyzstan is breathtaking, and I guess that’s also the reason why the milk here is so good. Even the ice creams sold in supermarkets have that special taste that can’t be easily found elsewhere. And I’m confidently saying this after a lifetime’s worth of traditional Italian ice creams!

@Everyone else: I will be contacting the first six people who have replied in the next few days. One of our meet-up members (Elena) is active on Instagram, so more than six people will be able to get their postcards! (I won’t be the one organising these private swaps though.) Head over to @postcard_swap_kg!

Please keep posting here though, even if you’ll be contacting Elena on Instagram, so that I can keep track of everything :wink:

1 Like

I would like to swap, in future I want to visit Kyrgyzstan!

2 Likes

Hello!
I’d love to exchange cards if possible, please. :blush:

I would like to swap
offer here!
https://www.douban.com/people/234119057/photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/191117800@N03/albums

Hi! We will be able to send out 6 postcards… However, you can still receive one from the meet-up! Just read what I’ve written here. As I’ve said, one of our members is active on Instagram, so you could organise your swaps with her on that platform. Still make sure to write here that you’ve communicated with her, so that I can keep track of everything!

Please do come! It’s a country with landscapes that can be found in Switzerland, in the United States, and even in the Maldives! There are red canyons, white snow-clad peaks and beautiful lakes (and some very fancy resorts!).

By the way, it’s “Kyrgyzstan” :wink: I know, it’s very difficult! But this might help: just think of it as the land (“-stan”) of the Kyrgyz people. Kyrgyz-stan! In Italian, it’ll be the land (“-stan”) of the kirghisi, so “Kirghizistan”!

@admins I have already written it here, but I’ll just rewrite it in case you’ve missed the other post! It seems that this meeting still hasn’t been added to the calendar, although more recent ones have already been added. Is this normal? Thank you for reading and sorry for the inconvenience :blush:

3 Likes

Sorry for the error :sob: and thank you for explaining :grinning:

1 Like

Greetings from the USA, and congratulations on the upcoming first meetup! :icecream:

I see there are other people wanting to swap ahead of me, so I contacted Elena on instagram to see if she would like to trade.

1 Like

Hey, since this is my first meet-up, can anyone tell me why it still isn’t in the calendar? Many other meet-ups have already been added, even ones that have just been posted a few minutes ago. Do you think I made some mistakes? Although it’s been up for a few days now, I’m still yet to see this meet-up in the calendar…

Thank you very much for your encouragement! I’m super excited and can’t wait to meet all the passionate Kyrgyz postcrossers I’d managed to reach out to!

4 posts were split to a new topic: Logo discussion from Kyrgyzstan meeting

Your meeting will be added shortly after correcting issues with the meeting postcard.

Hey everyone! Just a reminder – you can still get your card from Kyrgyzstan! As I’ve explained above, there are other ways you can contact us and receive your postcard :wink:

Update: Yesterday I was at ПикАрт, where we discussed everything concerning our meet-up postcards. It’s so exciting to see how they work and the big sheets they print their stuff on! We also discussed prices, obviously. If you’re interested, let me just tell you that one single card cost me 10 soms (see for yourself how much that is in your own currency! Mind-blowingly cheap!).

Here are two pictures of my little walk in the city centre (I live in the outskirts). Only downside: it was so hot! Almost 30°C… And to think that, just two months ago, we had -15°C…

(Click on the images to enlarge!)

2 Likes

I hope you will have a virtual meet up soon too. I want to learn more about kyrgyzstan… your culture, food, festivals and lots of things too. Aside from the fact i find that there are some beautiful olaces to visit too

1 Like

Thank you! The meet-up on the 22nd won’t be virtual, but I get what you mean! If we do a virtual meet-up, we’d be super happy to have you as one of the participants :smile:

Yes! Many Kyrgyz have told me about Manas (their national hero) and have described their culture and traditions. I was surprised to hear how far back the history of the Kyrgyz people goes! And the food here is great too, you’ll never be hungry!

1 Like

Christian,

Tell us more about setting up the first ever meet-up in Kyrgyzstan. Did you just do a search on the website to find out what members are in the country and invite them? Are people mostly in Bishkek or coming from far away? Are you talking to your friends/neighbors/co workers who don’t do Postcrossing and inviting them so they can learn about it and perhaps enjoy it?

I’d be happy to swap with one of you :slight_smile: I can offer cards from Norway, and also from our special island in the North - Svalbard :slight_smile:

There are few Kyrgyz postcrossers. I found them through the website and now we’re on good terms – we have our own chat and we talk about everything postal! Most of the postcrossers who have agreed to come are from Bishkek and the neighbouring towns. There are no highways in Kyrgyzstan, so coming from other regions takes a while and could be a hassle.

Yes, all the time! In fact, the number of postcrossers in Kyrgyzstan increased (well, by a very small amount). Mainly university students from the Humanities University, with whom I’ve spoken a few months ago.

By the way, I’ve updated the meet-up plan. Now we’re also going to have some Shoro drinks! You’ve probably never heard of them, but they’re all the rage here in Kyrgyzstan – in fact, they’re considered to be Kyrgyz national drinks! Check the description here. These drinks have a pretty unique taste… Some foreigners think that they’re horrible. Personally, I love them!

2 Likes

Hmmm I find these Shoro drinks interesting. Here is another link about them:

But I don’t think I’m really getting a sense of what they taste like. I guess I’ll have to wait until I make it to Central Asia!

I’d like to swap, pls let me know if you still have them available! I can provide Putian meet-up postcards to swap.

1 Like