💌 2024 Year of Postcard challenge, join us

Cards #5 are out to @YellowButterfly76 and @LiveLaughLoveLeafs :hugs:

There was a 5 days railway strike in Germany during the last days, so the time for cards to travel might still be extended. I hope things get back to normal quickly.

5 Likes

I’m doubtful that the railway strike had a noticeable effect on postcards’ travel time?

Did it?

3 Likes

Thank you very much @P05tkatze :blush:
I m reading your words with joy! Thank you for the good explanation of it. I think it will be clear for @hansenplfl whats a hashtag :hash: for :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts:

3 Likes

I guess for cards from close by countries (no air mail) it did. Usually I receive cards from a friend in the Netherlands the very next day or the day after. We kept joking that cards between our countries travel faster than within Germany. It is amazing! This time it took six days. I already thought it got lost.

4 Likes

I mailed a card to Flensburg on the 22nd of januari. Normally it should take 2 - 3 working days according the Dutch postoffice.

Till today it hasn’t been registered as received, so maybe it delayed due to the railway strike, it would explain a lot???

3 Likes

I just did some „Google research“ on how letters are transported here. It’s just a tiny minority by train and the big chunk goes by trucks. :woman_shrugging: So maybe just bad luck?

3 Likes

Thank you so much @ladytrinity81 for the lovely Rhode Island cards! All three arrived today :grinning:

8 Likes

Hello,
I have paired with @iknowmel
We have started last week

Thanks

4 Likes

:heart_decoration:

Thanks for reporting, list is updated.

:hugs: :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

postbox: Happy mailbox for me :heart:

:love_letter: Received this beautifukl vintage looking cat from @YellowButterfly76
Thank you Paula for this card. I love the look the cat is going for. Beautiful cat too. Bit of maine Coon like. I have a Maine Coon myself.
Thank you so much.

7 Likes

Yesterday, I mailed out January card to @aquier, and card #5 to @missmiangels

3 Likes

Another card is on its way to @mailfrommslili :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Card #5 is in the mail for @Pinksxo

3 Likes

Thanks for checking… must be indeed bad luck, since I mailed last Monday (29th) a card to Hamburg and it arrived today. She asked for amongst others card from Miffy, which I had, but it was a greeting card with enveloppe… Maybe that was a mistake?

I will give it another week and I think I will send then a message to the recipient, or is that too soon ??

@mondkind that is fast indeed. Glad you liked the card. talk to you in 2 weeks :grin:

1 Like

me and @bx-zxj are partecipating as a pair, but I don’t see us in the list

4 Likes

:heart_decoration:

@ilenia & @bx-zxj you are paired on the list.
Thank you for reporting. List updated.

4 Likes

Card #2 has been sent to @iknowmel

1 Like

And today I found another card from my friend @Katitriin in my mailbox
Thank you Triin!
IMG_4240

7 Likes

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:
todays outgoing
card #2 - @nialese
card #1 - @epd

3 Likes

Received 3&4 from @Skittykitty :two_hearts:
I recently watched a very adult version of Alice. :joy:
It was… something. :grimacing::face_with_peeking_eye:
I’m currently hyper focused on Criminal Minds and Tetris in VR. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes