🐮 2021 year of ox stamp on postcard exchange group

REMINDER: This thread is only for members of this group to update. For non-members, please do not post direct swap offer or request here. Thank you for your understanding.

February 23, 2021
South Korea - mailed out to 5 countries/6 members by airmail to those countries with airmail delivery by Post Korea, rest will be mail out later by surface mail if OK with some members or when airmail resumed to the remaining countries @leedoni :grinning:

February 20, 2021
Slovenia - mailed out to all countries by @ajetam13 :grinning:

USA - mailed out to all countries by @byobu :grinning:

February 15, 2021
Indonesia - mailed out to 7 countries (remaining countries will be sent out when mailing resumed by Post Indonesia) by @sintamedia :grinning:

February 12, 2021
France - mailed out to all countries by @sunsky

February 12, 2021
Estonia - mailed out to all countries by @-C- :grinning:

February 8, 2021
Hungary - mailed out to all countries by @Kriana :grinning:

January 28, 2021
Hong Kong - mailed out to all countries by @hazelyc :grinning:

January 26, 2021
Canada - mailed out to all countries by @marie65 :grinning:

January 16, 202 1
Taiwan - mailed out to 14 countries (remaining countries will be sent when postal service to these countries from Taiwan resumed) by @yeh :grinning:

January 10, 2021
China - all mailed out by @MaxxieW :grinning:

January 9, 2021
Thailand - all mailed out by @PuiDuii :grinning:

January 8, 2021
Singapore - all mailed out by @TaiYang :grinning:

Australia - all mailed out by @czp9336 :grinning:

December 27, 2020
Postcards sent from NZ and from Liechtenstein have reached Japan and France respectively :grinning:

December 22, 2020
Liechtenstein - mailed out to all by @fiden :grinning:

December 10, 2020
Year of Ox Postcard from Japan has reached USA. Byobu is the first in the group to receive a postcard :grinning:

December 4, 2020
Japan - mailed out to all by @magenta0810. Second country to do so.

December 2, 2020
New Zealand - mailed out to all by @MariceNZ. Dear group members, please update when you have received. Let’s see who is the first to receive. Thanks.

October 30, 20
I have mailed out the addresses of all participants to all 23 members in the group by u2u or FB messenger. If your address in the list is different or if you have not received the list of address by today, please let me know by tomorrow.

October 20, 20
I have the address list of members of Year of Rat. If your address is different now, please u2u me now or by October 25, 2020. I will be sending out the address list of everyone by October 31, 2020.

October 4, 2020
Hi members of 2020 Year of Rat Stamp of Postcard Exchange Group, I received an u2u in September 2020 from Byobu (USA) if I am going to coordinate this group again for Year of Ox.

At first, I thought it will be messy with postal restrictions around the world due to Covid 19 pandemic. But then, we must not give up and challenge ourselves to be safe and yet continue this wonderful hobby that brings so much joy to us and others receiving our postcards.

So here we go. Please feel to post. Will finalize what is possible and what is not as we go along.

Same rule to allow those who participated last year to represent their country of choice first and then open to others.

Note: This exchange group is only for countries that issue 2021 Year of Ox stamps. Participants will send out postcards using Year of Ox stamp/s to everyone else in the group. In the past, the number of countries participating is around 20 and so you must be prepared to send around this number of postcards out and receive same number in return.

Year of 2009 Ox - Philippines

2 Likes

Last update: February 28, 2021

GROUP MEMBERS - Note: closed - no further addition of members

1 Malaysia - SLLiew waiting for Pos Malaysia special cancellation - received postcards :relaxed:
:heart_eyes: 2 USA - byobu - mailed out Feb 20 - received postcards :relaxed:
3 Indonesia - shinta - mailed to 7 countries/8 members :heart_eyes: - already received postcards :relaxed:
:heart_eyes: 4 China - MaxxieW - mailed out Jan 10 - already received postcards :relaxed:
5 Macau - PhoebeWai - already received postcards :relaxed:
6 Philippines - Maydayeve - waiting for stamps to arrive, have received postcards :relaxed:
7 Aaland - Mosshumla - received postcards :relaxed:
:heart_eyes: 8 Japan - magenta0810 - mailed out Dec 4 - received postcards :relaxed:
:heart_eyes: 9 Hong Kong - hazelyc - mailed out Jan 28 - already received postcards :relaxed:
:heart_eyes: 10 France - sunsky - mailed out Feb 13 - received postcards :relaxed:
11 South Korea - leedoni - mailed out to 5 countries/6 members Feb 23 :heart_eyes: - received postcards :relaxed:
:heart_eyes: 12 New Zealand - MariceNZ - mailed out Dec 2 - already received postcards :relaxed:
13 Taiwan - yeh (chi) - mailed to 14 countries Jan 16 :heart_eyes: - already received postcards :relaxed:
:heart_eyes: 14 Liechtenstein - fiden - mailed out Dec 22 - already received postcards :relaxed:
:heart_eyes: 15 Singapore - TaiYang - mailed out Jan 8 - already received postcards :relaxed:
16 Poland - kover - already received postcards :relaxed:
:heart_eyes: 17 Hungary - Kriana -mailed out Feb 8 - already received postcards :relaxed:
:heart_eyes: 18 Thailand - Puiduii - mailed out Jan 9 - already received postcards :relaxed:
:heart_eyes: 19 Slovenia - ajetam13 - mailed out Feb 20 - already received postcards :relaxed:
:heart_eyes: 20 Australia - czp9336 - mailed out Jan 8 - already received postcards :relaxed:
:heart_eyes: 21 Canada - marie65 - mailed out Jan 26 - already received postcards :relaxed:
22 Vietnam - VuongPhan - have prepared postcards, have not received any postcards yet :sunglasses:
:heart_eyes: 23 Estonia - -C- - maied out Feb 12 - already received postcards :relaxed:

*Poland is new country added. Last year, both hazelyc and SLLiew completed direct swaps of Year of Rat with kover.
*Puiduii is joining us this year, replacing SLLiew for Thailand
*Marie Mcdonnell is a well known postcard swapper via FB and highly recommended by SL Liew. UPDATE: Marie McDonnell postcrossing userid: marie65

• -C- is active in postcrossing official for Estonia, so SLLiew invited her -C- is Carmen Allick
  • New address for South Korea and Australia
  1. Why I represent Malaysia this coming year and not Thailand?

Per Malaysia Covid-19 movement order since March 18, 2020 and at the moment extended to December 31, 2020, ordinary Malaysians are not allowed to travel to Thailand or overseas unless with special preapproved important reasons.

In the past, I used to enjoy to travel to Thailand on every January 2 and send out postcards with Thailand lunar animal stamp.

But until further notice, I can only represent Malaysia. Should restriction be lifted later and I can travel Thailand again, then I will take up Thailand and open Malaysia to Matthew07.

(UPDATE: Confirmed no further change. I am representing Malaysia and PuiDuii is representing Thailand)

1. Stamp Images Update:
    If you have a new or better stamp link, please post in the forum and I will add it here - thanks.

Countries not in this group - just for viewing the different ox stamps:
Jersey

Guernsey

Armenia

Vietnam

Thailand

From Mosshumla:

Great! There will be a new exchange, and I will of course participate, representing Åland.

Ålands stamps will be issued soon, 23. 10. 2020
There will be a lovely minisheet with 2 stamps, and 2 maxicards:
Maxicard 1
Maxicard 2

You may choose whether you’d like to receive

• one of the maxicards (which one?)
  • both stamps on a standard size postcard (I have two photo postcards depicting cows, lots of illustrated cow cards from children’s books, or can choose another card according to your wishlist)
  • an oversized postcard with the minisheet (I have one large cow photo postcard)
  • a large size cover with the minisheet

As Åland Post isn’t sending to most of the countries outside Europe for now, I won’t be able to send the cards soon. So there is no need to hurry with sending the addresses, SLLiew!
Nevertheless it would be good, if you choose what to receive soonish, so that I know what to order.

Stamps will be issued on 28 Jan in HK :slight_smile:

I can send postcards or cover with stamps and prepaid fold cards issued by HK Post. For prepaid fold cards, there will be no real stamps. And the cards are larger than a standard postcard. Please let me know which one you prefer and I will order them. If you want a specific postcard from HK, you can tell me and I will try to send it.

1 Like

Hi hazelyc,
Can I have the prepaid card for the ceramic ox one plz? I love blue&white ceramic.

@all : YoO stamps issued by Vietnam Post is designed by my friend so I will get designer signature as last year for all cards. Dont know when they will release, but for sure in December.

2 Likes

I see our stamps are being issued on 2 December.

I have two options for posting.

You can have either.

1. The $2.70 Year of the Ox Stamp for 2020.

Or

1. The $1.40 Year of the Ox Stamp for 2020 plus
    a $1.30 Random Chinese New Year stamp from the 2020 sheet that I can hopefully show below.

I currently have 2 of all 12 Chinese New Year stamps, first in gets to choose which one they want

Please let me know your preference. If I have not heard by Dec 2nd then I will be using the $2.70 stamp. All stamps will have the FDI cancellation.

I will be sending a scenic NZ postcard that does have some cows on it

2 Likes

I would love the oversized card with sheet. Otherwise Maxicard 2. I’m happy with either.

1 Like

I would like the postcard please, hazelyc. Thank you.

2 Likes

HK Ox themed or tourist postcard for me written stamped with Year of Ox stamps for me. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Marice, I choose option 1 with cow postcard :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks SL. I already have your special request as per the last 2 year. With the cow postcard :slight_smile:

1 Like

@MariceNZ, I would like option 2 $1.4 + $1.3 please, thank you!

2 Likes

Update from Macau (as of today 2020/11/20):

1. Release date - to be announced, usually in January
  2. Can I go to Macau - unlikely in January
  3. Can I still order stamp - will probably get it online
  4. When will I send the postcards - the border may be opened in Q2 2021. If no update, will try to contact friend in Macau to help sending the cards after getting the stamps.
1 Like

I would like a $2.7 stamp please. Thank you @MariceNZ

2 Likes

Copying and pasting Mosshumla post from old forum:
Great! There will be a new exchange, and I will of course participate, representing Åland.

Ålands stamps will be issued soon, 23. 10. 2020
There will be a lovely minisheet with 2 stamps, and 2 maxicards:
Maxicard 1
Maxicard 2

You may choose whether you’d like to receive

• one of the maxicards (which one?)
  • both stamps on a standard size postcard (I have two photo postcards depicting cows, lots of illustrated cow cards from children’s books, or can choose another card according to your wishlist)
  • an oversized postcard with the minisheet (I have one large cow photo postcard)
  • a large size cover with the minisheet

As Åland Post isn’t sending to most of the countries outside Europe for now, I won’t be able to send the cards soon. So there is no need to hurry with sending the addresses, SLLiew!
Nevertheless it would be good, if you choose what to receive soonish, so that I know what to order.

===================================================

REPLIES FROM:
SLLiew:
I choose Maxicard 1

Shinta: (sinta - userid in new forum)
I love to receive Maxicard #1 (if possible), thank you

Maydayeve:
Thanks for the choices you offered.
I would like the Maxicard 1, pls.
Chloe

chi: (yeh - userid in new forum)
i choose 2, thank you~

TaiYang:
I would prefer Maxicard 1 if possible, thank you!

hazelyc:
I would like maxicard 1. Thank you

byobu:
I would like #1 Maxicard please
Thank yoooo (mooo)

magenta: (magenta0810 - userid in new forum)
I’d like #1 Maxicard please if possible.
Thank you!

PhoebeWai:
I would like a normal cow card with stamps, thank you very much!

Puiduii:
Can i have Maxicard 1 Kob khun na ka

ajetam13:
I would love to get the minisheet on cover if it is possible.
Thank you very much!

leedoni:
Maxicard2 please

Marie McDonnell:
For Canada Marie Mcdonnell - she choose either Maxicard 1 or 2.
Marie still cannot sign up - postcrossing keep rejecting her choice of user id.

C -: (Estonia)
I choose a large size cover with the minisheet. Thank you.

MariceNZ:
I am happy with either maxicard. Thanks

I would like to choose both stamps on a standard-size postcard, thank you!

1 Like

Hello! I prefer postcard with stamp, please. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello! I would like to have the $1.3+$1.4 option please. Thank you so much!

1 Like

I would like $1.4 + $1.3 (A monkey if possible) please, thank you!

1 Like