CANCELED: 17 September 2022 - (North Seattle area) Lake Forest Park, WA - Pets of Postcrossing meetup

This is canceled. I apologize for the inconvenience.

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Lake Forest Park (WA) / USA

:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE:
Third Place Commons (inside Third Place Books)
17171 Bothell Way NE #A101, Lake Forest Park, WA 98155

:calendar: DATE: September 17, 2022

:alarm_clock: TIME: 2:00 PM Pacific time - 4ish? (Or whenever everyone wants to leave :laughing: )

:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

1. The Actual Meetup - Let’s get together and make friends and sign postcards! There is a large room with tables by the cafe, called the Commons. I will get there early and snag a table (or two or three).

2. Postcard Swap- I encourage everyone to bring their unwanted/disliked blank postcards to swap! One person’s trash is another person’s treasure :heart:

3. Food- Food and coffee are available for purchase at Honey Bear Bakery in the Commons :sandwich:

4. Optional Extracurricular Activites-

Books- Third Place is a large and fun bookstore, so you may want to set aside some time to explore the bookstore before or after the meetup :open_book:

Music- There is also the possibility of live music later in the evening, if anyone is interested. Pre-pandemic there was live music every weekend at night :musical_note:

1. Meetup Postcards- Pets of Postcrossing!

I have decided to create a special postcard design for this meetup, called “Pets of Postcrossing”

When you RSVP before July 30, please post a picture of one of your pets to this thread (if you don’t currently share your life with a critter, please feel free to post a pic of a previous dearly departed pet).

From July 31 - August 7, I will create the postcard design (with caricatures of the pets)

August 8 or 9 I will post the image for the design.

August 10 - August 16, I’ll take orders for the quantity of postcards to print.

August 17 - I send the postcards to print.

You will pick up the postcards and pay for them at the meetup on September 17.

If your pet picture doesn’t make the July 30 deadline, you can still order the postcards.

Due to the fact that I’m creating this image custom, i do have to stick to the cutoff of July 30 for accepting pictures (otherwise there won’t be enough time to create, take orders, and print the cards).

If no one submits any pet pictures, it will be only pictures of my pets, but I hope that a few others out there have beloved critters as well :laughing:

I would request $2/card for my time, efforts and to help offset printing costs. You can make this decision when you see the final artwork. If your pet is on the card, you aren’t obliged to order any cards if you don’t like the art.

This is roughly the caliber of what I draw. This is just an example - none of these are the postcard design:

4 Likes

This sounds like a fun meetup. I’d love to attend, and have it on my calendar.

Add imag

es

3 Likes

Yay! I look forward to it! What’s your kitty’s name?

Burdie

1 Like

Hello! It’s my cat Mr. Blinchik!
I’m so excited about this meeting!

4 Likes

Hi there,
I’m interested in the meetup. I would like to buy 10 custom postcards but I can send reminder closer to time. Here’s a picture of my babies

3 Likes

I hope to make it. And I would love to order cards when they are ready :grinning:.

4 Likes

Our special girl hahaha

2 Likes

Also, doggy <3

1 Like

The first dog! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: haha

1 Like

Last day to post pet pics! :heart:

Thank you everyone who submitted their cute pets! I will have the postcard design ready in approximately 8-10 days. If you would like an @ ping when the design is ready, let me know :heart:

I would like to know when the design is ready

1 Like

I would also love to know when it’s done :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to go to the meetup.

1 Like

Can you @ me as well?

1 Like

Just a quick update: the design is going to be a little late since i fell ill. I hope to have it ready soon, though!

I hope you feel better. I encourage you to remember that your drawings will be good enough no matter what. You said carachature. We dont expect perfection. We dont expect professional quailty. Whatever you can do will work.

I would like to come to the meet up and also know when the card is finished.

Hello,
I just noticed this since I rarely visit the forum. I can’t send you a photo of my four best friends (pets), but I would like to order ten postcards and I plan to visit this meeting. My son might come with me. He is also a postcrosser.