Many cards in a row, all sent on the same date!

It’s very common nowadays :grin:

4 Likes

It looks like the more cards you send, the more likely this will occur.
What is confusing to me is that I rarely get more than 2 or 3 cards a day to send, with long gaps sometimes of 5 or more days before another comes in to be sent.
April 3 was a Sunday. Maybe people wait until a Sunday to send cards??

5 Likes

… Hmmm maybe, the 6th Feb (with my 30) was also a Sunday… :face_with_monocle:

I know the algorithm usually (sometimes desperately) sends you more than you send, even from my beginnings in Postcrossing, I sent 5 in first two months, but got 7 back.

and aslo after inactive and travel mode, your address is dumped into the pool of addresses due postcards.
In that batch of 30 I also got a number of consecutive postcard ID’s from some of the most active countries.

@HookedonPostcards did you get a number of postcards registered in sucession, then a large gap before you registered a recieved postcard?

No … I register cards the day they arrive. So, typically, one card one day, 2 or 3 or 4 and sometimes 5 cards on other days. I have a handful of 6, 7, 8 or 9 cards arrived in one day, but not since end of February did I get 7-9 cards. Strange delay (?).

I received 29 cards sent 19 February 2022. It must have been a good day!

4 Likes

Maybe. @aerobear, a potential outcome from Month of Letters? :wink:

1 Like

I recently received something about 30 postcards sent on March 8. This is nothing unusual. I just set my account back to “active” that day.

I never thought about this before, but my address got picked 33 times on 4 January this year! It was the first working day after a long series of public holidays over Christmas and the new year in the UK, so I guess a lot of postcards had built up in the sorting office waiting to be delivered.

3 Likes

46 from 6th of April so far - but I turned from surplus to minus that day, and also had three ‘Now you will receive’ on that day, (maybe even five, if you count the next day morning, with timezones and so). It’s not uncommon for medium- and small-activity countries, but I think at the moment almost everybody is ‘affected’ regardless of location. Apparently, there is a huge demand for adresses, as we all want to spread some joy (except the one/s who chose to spread violence)

edit1: update to 41 from 37
edit2: update to 46 from 41

2 Likes

I received five cards today and they were all sent on 6th of April, so the number of sent cards on that date is now 19 :grin: and who knows how many more are still travelling…

4 Likes

That’s pretty much the only way I receive cards, but I don’t think I ever had more than 10-11 from the same day.

The mechanism is discussed at length here

2 Likes

This post made me check my own stats, and of the latest 12 cards I received, 10 were sent on February 25th. What makes it more interesting is that on the 19th, I had send only one card, which was registered on… February 25th! So it seems like that one card triggered my address to be given out 10 times!

3 Likes

Truly Fascinating! :bouncing:

I noticed my address was given many times at once and I thought it was because I asked many addresses at the same day. So I started asking only one address at a time, some times one a day or one each two or three days. Same result… Many cards given in just one day.(29!) But maybe the system is behind and it’s still computing the cards I asked in a whole. Maybe in some months my address will be given one a day or one each two days!

1 Like

My card was given out multiple times more rhan one time a day. My personal highscore is 19.

1 Like

Okay… I’ve just recieved a hurray and the receipent had over 100 postcards allocated on the same day. :flushed:

They had been inactive since Jan 2019 and had changed countries, but sent a difference of 300+ postcards during that period :flushed:

7 Likes

Not only changed countries @Maddymail …the account has changed hands! And those cards are all received on the same day too!!! I don’t really understand what’s happened there…there are six pages of postcards received on 26 April! Did the account holder register them all by hand on that day :exploding_head:…or are they auto-registered?? :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I got a nice friendly and lengthy hurray message from this postcrosser, so when I went to have a look at the list of recieved cards I was abit taken back, and thought of this thread!
Postcrossing is full of lovely surprises :heart:

3 Likes

Wow! That was one busy day for that recipient!! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Incredible!