1 October 2023 - Santa Ana (Orange County), CA Meetup - World Postcard Day!

@maitdang @RedHairSteph Excited to be able to host your first Meetup!

@RedHairSteph It definitely is - I’ve even had the joy of running into someone I had swapped with before in person! :smile: Can’t wait to see your stamp too!

4 Likes

I’m interested. I am in Palos Verdes Peninsula.

4 Likes

Hey there! I came to the one in Pasadena last year! I’d love to join in this year!

Do we think it’s possible to do an outdoor venue?

2 Likes

@wtcelesta Great, that’s not tooo far, hope to see you there!

@pigeonpost If I remember correctly, you were the first to sign my cards at my first meetup! :smile_cat: Would be great to have you join this year :sparkles:

Pretty close to confirming the venue for the event. Scoped out the best contender for a Sunday afternoon. Similar to Meetups in the past, it has a food court area and it has ample seating in a covered patio area - with seating throughout. There’s also a street-facing outdoor area that can be used as well! Once it’s confirmed will post the details here! :pray:t5:

3 Likes

Tentative yes from Long Beach.

6 Likes

@Leendadll Cool - hope to see you there! :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Yes from Tustin! This will be my first PC meetup.

5 Likes

I saved the date when you first announced it, so I’ll definitely be there and hope to carpool with one or more of my local P.C. buddies.
@ohhsayy, you mentioned meeting one of the Postcrossers you had exchanged with. Mine was the opposite–I’ve met Stephan at five different meetups and a week ago, I got his name from Postcrossing! I know others in our group have exchanged with him.

7 Likes

@Violetbluebird Glad to have you at your first PC Meetup - and so close to the venue too!

@Kristi-D Will be great to see you there! – That’s cool! It’s so crazy how wide this project/hobby reaches and how we still stumble upon these coincidences :smile: I could imagine the surprise of getting a random card from someone I’ve already met in person!

2 Likes

Just checking in! – If you haven’t noticed, we have a venue set for the event :sparkles: Will be sharing any additional details as we get closer to the event. I’ll also be posting up the Meetup card design soon, so stay tuned!

If you haven’t already done so, you may RSVP for the event by hitting the :ballot_box_with_check: Going button at the top of the event page:

– This gives us a heads up of how many people are attending and also will help start getting a rough count of how many cards we’ll have to print. :smile:

3 Likes

You’re right! There are 5 of us (@Kristi-D @Vandelion @ohhsayy @tianye4869 & me) who have been to all 5 “Inland Empire/O.C./Desert” Meet-ups since @geetikasinha7 jump-started us in Pasadena on World Postcard Day 2023!

Hoping all of us can make it 6!

4 Likes

Excited to know that there’ll be a card from you @Kristi-D awaiting me when I return to JT on Sunday! (Currently in the Phoenix area with family.) I will now have had cards to/from SIX Postcrossers from our various Meet-ups!

3 Likes

I think I will be attending this one (haven’t been able to make it to the other IE ones).
Santa Ana is not terribly far from me.

3 Likes

This sounds great! I plan to attend. Thank you!

3 Likes

Wow, Stephan, six–that’s amazing!

Phoenix–summer is not what I think of as the best time to go, but you do call yourself a desert rat!!!

2 Likes

@sand2sand looking forward to :six: !

@catandmouse we would be happy to see you for WPD! – and hopefully it being on a Sunday means no crazy traffic too!

@jmorris very lovely, the more the merrier! :sparkles:

2 Likes

I am happy to introduce the design draft for the Meetup card - an homage to the city that I call home! :sparkles:

Card will be printed at 5"x7" and the cost per card will be at $.50/each. As always, it’s easier to keep track of increments of 10, but no minimum is required. The deadline for reserving your cards will be set to September 1st! I’ll post an update as we get closer to the event for payment details - for now, just post how many cards you’d like to reserve and I’ll keep a list tracked. Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting all the new faces!

As a reminder, you are not required to purchase any cards to attend and participate at the event! :smile:

11 Likes

Looks great Oce. Can I order 20?

3 Likes

@Vandelion Thank you! – most certainly can, first on the list! :writing_hand:t5:

2 Likes

Beautiful postcard! Sign me up for 20 as well.

2 Likes