1 October 2022 - World Postcard Day Meetup - Charlotte NC

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Charlotte, North Carolina
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, Oct. 1, 2022 (World Postcard Day)
:alarm_clock: TIME: 2:00 - 5:00 PM EDT
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Meeting up: Plan to meet in front of the OMB biergaarden entrance. I have also created this event with Women Who Explore North Carolina (female hiking and outdoors enthusiasts) so there will be a few joining from that group.

What we’ll do: Meet and mingle for a little bit. Grab a beverage of your choice (for purchase at the brewery).

World Postcrossing Day postcards will be handed out, and we’ll get an “assembly line” going. (Person A signs and passes to Person B and so forth…) Eventually all the cards we have will have a multitude of signatures on them. (If you have ever received a Meetup card, you’ll know what that look like.))

What you need to bring:
Addresses that you have requested from Postcrossing via the standard process (or personal addresses)
Postage to affix to the cards for the addresses you received

Let’s each bring 3-5 addresses. We’ll start with 3 postcards for each person, and then if we have enough, add more.

Organizer will take responsibility for getting the cards to the post office. That way, if you have to leave before the end of the time, your cards will still be signed by as many participants as possible.

If you have any questions, please email [liznakata@gmail.com]. We will make every effort to respond through the day before the event, but can’t check while on the way to OMB.

There’s no rain date. If the weather is going to be ABSOLUTELY AWFUL, we will try to contact those who have reached out via email.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I wish I had seen this sooner :sob: we already have a trip to Raleigh planned for that weekend

I’m going to have to cancel this event due to weather. I’m sad to do it but there hasn’t been much of a response.

I’m bummed that I just now saw this, but I guess it would be cancelled for weather anyway. I hope there can be some Charlotte events in the future.

I am still planning on hosting the event. Weather forecast shows that rain significantly diminishes around 2 pm. Event is from 2-5 pm. Swing by OMB if you would like! I’ll be looking into creating future Postcrossing events in the Charlotte area!