1 Oct 2022 - Baltimore World Postcard Day 2022 Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Baltimore, Maryland
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Starbucks (Mt. Washington Mills) 1340 Smith Ave, Baltimore, MD 21209
:calendar: DATE: October 1, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10:00 AM EST
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Join us in-person to write & send postcards in celebration of World Postcard Day on October 1st!

:eight_pointed_black_star: We’ll meet at the Mt. Washington Mills Starbucks at 10 am.

:eight_pointed_black_star: Optional: At 11 am we’ll walk 4 minutes to the local post office for send off.

:eight_pointed_black_star: I’ll be sure to have postcards to swap as well as maxicard giveaways for those who RSVP.

:eight_pointed_black_star: Official 2022 meetup postcards are available for a small fee of $0.50 per unit to cover printing and shipping. Cards are 5" x 7", glossy front and matte back. Lots of room for stamping and writing plus no worries about smudging.

Seating is limited, so please click the “GOING” button on the top to help me get an accurate head count and comment below how many postcards you’d like to reserve in advance.

What to bring?

• Any supplies you’d like to use to write postcards or other correspondence (pens, postage, stationery, stickers, ink stamps, etc.)
  • Any unused postcards you’d like to swap with other attendees

What to expect?

Feel free to participate in any of the following:

• Decorate mail or envelopes with stickers, rubber/clear stamps, inks, die cuts, washi tape, etc.
  • Trade unused postcards with other attendees
  • Sign meet-up or other postcards to be sent out - be ready to write or stamp your name or ID!
7 Likes

Update: 08/26/2022

The meetup postcard is ready and the design is out of this world! I had so much fun with this. I wanted to design something quirky and charming just like Baltimore :slight_smile:

Cards are 5" x 7", glossy front and matte back. Lots of room for stamping and writing plus no worries about smudging.

These are test prints to check color and placement.

Note: Postcards must be reserved by September 10th, that way I can have them printed and ready for you the day of our meetup. I’ll order only what is reserved and paid for, no extras.

Comment below how many you’d like to order. Postcards are $0.50 each. I’ll keep a running list of reserved and paid orders here for simple bookkeeping. After commenting, please send payment via Venmo to @Deleta-Crystal. Be sure to send payment as friends and family and in your notes add your full name and number of cards you are ordering.

Message me with any questions you might have.

@Aliengirl
@QueenJane
@stunclock
@NotNapoleon
@breeze2902

3 Likes

Super cool design :smile: I’d like 15 of these, I’ll venmo you now

@stunclock Thank you, so happy you think so! I received your Venmo :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are super cute!! I’ll take 6. Sent Venmo

1 Like

I’d to come, but i am not sure yet.

1 Like

Received, thank you! :slight_smile:

@LovelyLindaPost We’d love to have you. Keep us posted.

It’s official, our postcard design is approved!

For those of us that plan to swap postcards, here is a graphic to use on social media. Feel free to tag me in your post (@curiouscatstudio) if you’d like.

@Aliengirl
@QueenJane
@stunclock
@NotNapoleon
@breeze2902

3 Likes

Hi there!!

Even though it’s a haul from Vienna (VA), count me in! I’ve never been to a meet-up of any kind and I look forward to it. Thank you for organizing and providing this beautiful card.

I’ll have my husband venmo you for 15 cards.

1 Like

@TwoDoggies Thank you Terri! Would love to see you there. This is my first meetup too: attending and hosting. If you have any questions in the meantime, message me. :slight_smile:

I’ll keep tabs here for postcard orders.

1. @stunclock - 15 postcard (paid)
  2. @QueenJane - 6 postcards (paid)
  3. @TwoDoggies - 15 postcards (paid)
  4. @breeze2902 - 15 postcards (paid)
  5. @soupercaitlin - 20 postcards (paid)
  6. @eta55 - 20 postcards (paid)
  7. @NotNapoleon - 20 postards (paid)
  8. @LovelyLindaPost - 150 postcards (paid)
  9. @Citrine28 - 20 postcards (paid)
  10. @deardeleta - 19 postcards (paid)

Update: September 14, 2022
300 postcards ordered

Ordering now closed

1 Like

Hi! Great design. I will take 15. Venmo was just sent.

Lynn

1 Like

@anon47088481 - I’ve decided to extend my birthday celebration by a few days and to go Canada for World Postcard Day 2022. I’m happy to swap with you though!

1 Like

Update: 08/31/2022

Hey y’all!

For our meetup, I’ve created a faux postmark that you can use to stamp out your postcards. This is not an official postmark and is for decorative purposes only. You can place this “postmark” on used stamps, so bring plenty. Or you can simply stamp anywhere on your postcards. See photo for example. Cheers!

3 Likes

I’ll take 20 postcards and I will Venmo you

1 Like

@soupercaitlin Received! thank you :slight_smile:

Look forward to it! I’ll add to the pile of swappable cards. I’d happily purchase 20 cards, but Venmo is not an option for me. Will you accept any alternative payment methods? I can do cash (hard-copy American green), PayPal or Apple Cash.

1 Like

Just sent you $10 on Venmo for 20 cards. Thank you!

1 Like

Update: 08/07/2022

Hey y’all,

Our current postcard count is 110 plus 40 for myself for a total of 150. I’m placing the order this Saturday. If you’d like to order postcards please let me know by Friday (Sept. 9th) the latest.

Cheers!